MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA – Juno Pharmaceuticals Pty Ltd is pleased to announce the acquisition of a local portfolio of essential injectable medicines from AstraZeneca Pty Ltd. This acquisition will see Juno’s product range grow to over 60 molecules, focussed mainly in the hospital segment.
As part of the acquisition, Juno will receive the intellectual property and regulatory approvals for ten products (eight unique molecules), along with associated contracts and agreements.
This acquisition is the second Juno has made since commencing sales in 2015 and is another milestone in Juno’s continued growth and vision to be the leader in supply of off-patent products in hospitals across Australia and New Zealand.
These critical medicines play a vital role in patient care in Australian and New Zealand hospitals. Our focus at Juno is to build a compelling portfolio that meets the local and unique needs of Australian and New Zealand hospitals, noted Juno CEO & Managing Director, Mark Crotty.
The agreement comes into effect on April 1st, 2019 and Juno’s key account managers will work closely with customers and wholesalers to ensure a smooth transition.
From April 1st, 2019, all commercial enquiries regarding the products below should be directed to your local Juno representative. Any adverse event reporting, product complaints and medical enquiries should directed to Juno Medical Information on 1800 620 076 or email@example.com
- ASTRAZENECA SODIUM CHLORIDE 20% 2g/10mL injection BP ampoule
- ASTRAZENECA POTASSIUM CHLORIDE 750mg/10mL injection ampoule
- ASTRAZENECA ATROPINE SULFATE 600 microgram/1mL injection BP ampoule
- ASTRAZENECA ATROPINE SULFATE 1.2mg/1mL injection BP ampoule
- ASTRAZENECA SUXAMETHONIUM CHLORIDE 100mg/2mL injection BP ampoule
- ASTRAZENECA NEOSTIGMINE METHYLSULFATE 0.5mg/1mL injection BP ampoule
- ASTRAZENECA NEOSTIGMINE METHYLSULFATE 2.5mg/1mL injection BP ampoule
- ASTRAZENECA PANCURONIUM BROMIDE 4mg/2mL injection BP ampoule
- ASTRAZENECA PETHIDINE HYDROCHLORIDE 100mg/2mL injection BP ampoule
- ASTRAZENECA FENTANYL 100 microgram/2mL (as citrate) injection ampoule
- ASTRAZENECA FENTANYL 500 microgram/10mL (as citrate) injection ampoule
Juno Pharmaceuticals is a rapidly growing, local Australian and New Zealand business and are experts in off-patent prescription pharmaceuticals. Juno’s portfolio includes medicines across a diverse range of therapeutic areas, with hospital products the core focus of the business. The acquisition of this portfolio is in line with Juno’s mission to improve the health of society, through delivering high quality products to patients, and value to hospitals, the government and tax payers.
AstraZeneca is a global, science-led biopharmaceutical company that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialisation of prescription medicines, primarily for the treatment of diseases in three therapy areas – Oncology, Cardiovascular, Renal & Metabolism and Respiratory. The Company also is selectively active in the areas of autoimmunity, neuroscience and infection. AstraZeneca operates in over 100 countries and its innovative medicines are used by millions of patients worldwide.
For more information, please visit www.astrazeneca.com and www.astrazeneca.com.au.